Sony has announced details for the home video release of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 which will be available digitally August 5 and on DVD and Blu-ray August 19. It will be released in a few configurations, including the traditional DVD/BD combo, and a 3D release as well.
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is a massive hit. The sequel just crossed the $700 million mark worldwide this weekend.
You can pre-order your copy on Amazon:
Check out all the Blu-ray and DVD extras after the cut!
The Blu-ray & DVD Bonus Features Include:
- 4 All-New Deleted Scenes with Commentary by Marc Webb
- Filmmaker Commentary
- Alicia Keys It’s On Again music video
The Blu-Ray will feature exclusively:
- 9 Additional Deleted Scenes with Commentary by Marc Webb, including Peter Meets His Father
- The Wages of Heroism: Making The Amazing Spider-Man 2, featuring revealing, in-depth segments including:
- Lessons Learned: Development and Direction — Filmmakers and cast discuss their approach to the sequel and their efforts to make it the best Spider-Man yet.
- Heart of the City: Shooting in New York — A behind-the-scenes look at the film’s unprecedented access to New York City during production.
- Triple Threat: Attack of the Villains — An inside look at the development of Spider-Man’s fearsome foes, Electro, the Green Goblin and Rhino.
- A More Dangerous World: Transforming Electro and the Green Goblin — From make-up to costuming, see what it took to transform Jamie Foxx and Dane DeHaan into their fearsome alter-egos.
- A Bolt From the Blue: Visual Effects — Sony Pictures Imageworks artists and animators show how they created the gravity defying, web-slinging and pumped-up action in the new film.
- Spidey Gets His Groove Back: Music and Editing — Learn how the film’s soundtrack and score came together in this behind-the-scenes look at jam sessions with Composer Hans Zimmer and the team of master musicians he assembled, including Pharrell Williams, Johnny Marr, Michael Einziger and more.