Sirius XM Radio announced today that Jamie Foxx is taking his SiriusXM channel The Foxxhole to Washington, DC to broadcast live from the Dedication of the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial and surrounding events throughout the week.
“I am honored to witness history as the Martin Luther King, Jr. National Memorial takes its rightful place in our nation’s capitol,” said Jamie Foxx. “Dr. King’s dreams and actions continue to impact and influence people of all races and ages. The Foxxhole on SiriusXM is very pleased as part of this special moment to bring the spirit of Dr. King to the next generation and to millions of listeners nationwide.
“From the Democratic Convention to the Inauguration to this week’s historic dedication of the Martin Luther King, Jr. National Memorial, Jamie Foxx is bringing his SiriusXM’s channel’s unique voice to the nation’s biggest events,” said Scott Greenstein, President and Chief Content Officer, SiriusXM. “The Foxxhole’s coverage of this extraordinary event will engage listeners across the country and connect them to this moment in history forever.”
The unveiling ceremony takes place on Sunday, August 28, 2011, what would have been the 48th anniversary of Dr. King’s “I Have a Dream” speech and The March on Washington.
The Foxxhole (ch. 98) is Jamie Foxx’s exclusive, uncensored 24/7 SiriusXM channel. Foxx serves as executive producer and hosts a live, weekly show.
Live coverage kicked off Wednesday, August 24 from SiriusXM’s Foxxhole studio in Washington, DC. Highlights of the week include:
- Foxxhole personalities will report live from official MLK National Memorial events/key gatherings around Washington, DC. Throughout the week, noteworthy guests will lend their voice to the tribute, reflecting on Dr. King’s legacy and more.
- Foxxhole host Zo Williams will broadcast live from the Washington Convention Center on Thursday, August 25 beginning at 9:00 pm ET.
- Jamie Foxx will host a special edition of his live, weekly show from SiriusXM’s Washington, DC performance studio in front of a lucky audience of subscribers. Foxx and his Foxxhole crew will welcome a wide range of guests from the worlds of music/entertainment and politics as well as community leaders. The Jamie Foxx Show will air on Friday, August 26 beginning at 4:00 pm ET.
- Live broadcast of the Dream Gala, the official celebration of the completion of the memorial, featuring donors, dignitaries and honored supporters at the Washington Convention Center will air on Saturday, August 27 from 7:00 – 10:00 pm ET.
- Jamie Foxx will anchor all-day coverage of the dedication ceremony on-site at the memorial, joined by Foxxhole personalities Brandi Magee and Lewis Dix. The tributes delivered by President Obama and other key speakers will air live on the channel as they are being delivered. The Foxxhole’s live coverage from the Dedication of the Martin Luther King, Jr. National Memorial will air on Sunday, August 28 from 10:00 am – 3:00 pm ET, offering listeners nationwide an all-access pass to the people, spirit, emotion, sights, sounds and historical significance of the day.